Live a Fearless Life

 



For so many years, I lived a life of self-doubt and self-inflicted hate.  I did not believe I could amount to anything because those around me didn't believe it either.

I wondered what my true purpose was and often thought, my purpose was just to be here to make enough money to get my family fed.  

I had dreams, hopes, aspirations, but I didn't know how to follow them because I was afraid.  I was afraid of being laughed at.  I was afraid that people would think I was fake, unintelligent, unable to be someone they could listen to.

I lived in a shadow of myself because I didn't believe in myself, and I lived in fear.

I think I lived this way for so long because I did not contain within my circle, people who believed in me, or people capable of believing in me.  Most of the people within my circle didn't even believe in themselves. How could they ever believe in me?

I started in my thirties to reflect on my life and where I wanted to be, who I was, and what the hell was I going to do with my life.  This was something that was thrust upon me as my whole world was collapsing.  I am thankful for that collapse because it made me truly open my eyes.

As I was looking around, I realized that I had sat in a stagnant pot of self-pity for so long I no longer smelled the stench of it.

It would take me another ten years before I could fully pull myself out of that stagnant pot and start living my fearless life, but I was able to do it.

One step at a time, I tried something new.  I no longer allowed people or things that conflicted with the views, values, or beliefs. 

The very things that I was afraid of, I pushed myself into doing them so I would no longer fear them.

I would volunteer to do public speaking every chance I could, although I wanted to throw up every time.  I went scuba diving despite my fear of deep water.  The list goes on, but you get the point.

Through these steps, I was able to start living my fearless life.  Now fast forward to my current state of being.  If I want to do something, I do it.  I started a podcast because I wanted to, I started a YouTube Channel because I wanted to.  I started spreading motivational messages because I wanted to.  I started producing content because I wanted to.  I started producing for other people's podcasts because I wanted to.  I started authoring books because I wanted to.  Now that list could go on as well, but I'll stop there.

The point is, you have to start living the life you were intended to live, stop living in fear because of something someone in your life once told you, and start living what you feel in your heart.

You have what it takes, right inside of you, to reach your full potential.  Obstacles, barriers, they cannot hold you back unless you allow them to.

I hope all of you will join me in this fearless journey.  If anyone needs some help with it, reach out, I'm always willing to give a pep talk.

Until next time my friends.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts