Caden's Story


Today I wrote Caden's story. I am intrigued each time I sit down to write one of the kid's stories.  

As I sit down to write, I think about the child, think about their personality, and then turn to how I can make this into some kind of lesson for another child when they read it.

My kids often tell me that I lecture too much. Maybe I was a natural-born lecturer. I won't say that I'm a world-renowned speaker, or that my speaking skills are sought after.

I do have a lot to say sometimes but tend to keep it to myself and put it into my writing. I enjoy taking these stories and turning them into life lessons in a way that children can understand. There are times that some children will only learn these lessons from a book, movie, or peer.

I've saddened that reading to your before bedtime child isn't the norm anymore. I do miss those moments with my children the most.  

Discovering a new book, a new story, a great character. Finding land to get lost in and sharing it, watching their eyes open with wonder.

Caden's story is super cute as my nephew was born to play basketball. Pawpaw and he will go to his basketball game, and Caden will learn the lessons of teamwork, and there will always be winners and losers in each game.  

It's not always about winning, sometimes you have to celebrate losses and learn from them.

Winning isn't about putting other people down. It is about being proud of your accomplishments and cheering for those who gave it their all.

Each time I write a new portion of the Pawpaw books, my heart is filled with warmth at the relationship a grandfather has with his grandchildren. The same goes for grandmothers.

I think there is a special bond with children that needs to be embraced.

Let us get back to the love in the world and stop so much hate.

Until next time everyone.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts