Manic, Wait, Whats the date?




    Have you ever sat in the field of Texas Blue Bonnets?  

    I took this picture on my drive back from San Antonio to Brownsville.  One of the many trips I had made over the past year.  

    I no longer take this trip because I am staying home instead of trekking across the United States or globe seeking out new life and new civilization, wait, that's a Star Trek line. 

    Can you tell me what I've been binge-watching?  

    I haven't written in my blog for a few days because my brain has been in a manic mode lately.  I have been illustrating my next book release, and I wanted to make sure it got done.  I've been writing this book for two years.  I sat for two days in my recliner and just drew and drew and drew.  

    I looked up, and it was Monday again.

    On top of that, I am expanding our sister show and a few other things.  

    I can honestly say when my brain goes into these modes, I'm not too fond of it, but I can't stop it either.  I mentally sit back, and it has its will with me.  

    If you have never suffered from severe anxiety, you may not understand what I'm talking about, but if you know anxiety, you know my plight.

    I'm starting to calm down, and the fog is lifting a little.  Each time the fog lifts, I begin to reflect.  What, during the fog, did I get myself into.  What did I commit to and, now that I can sort through it all, how do I get it accomplished?

    Through my military career, I learned excellent time management skills.  These skills keep me afloat, so I don't drown in my anxiety.  I'm thankful for the things I learned.

    As I sit in my office and look out of my window, I take a deep breath in; another anxiety-induced manic stage has passed in my life.  I have made it through, and I didn't burn any bridges that I know of.  I turn to my scriptures and hold faith that nothing will break me.

Comments

Popular Posts