Pawpaw's Journey



  Well, it has been quite a journey with this book, but I have done it. I have finished writing Pawpaw's Recliner, The Places You Will Go.

    I think it has been two years since I started writing this one. I wanted to dedicate a book to my mom and dad. Most of the book has to do with my dad's relationship with his grandkids. I wanted to recognize that my mom is the backbone of it all.

    I think it was hard to finish because I put a lot of my heart in this and had to pinpoint each child's personality.

    It's never an easy task when you have to try to take personalities and put them into an original state. I take real life and put it into play in each of my books. I include life lessons, and I don't shield children from reality.

    I try to make sure that if a child is going to read a book of mine, they are going to learn something new. They will open a book, have a relationship with the characters, and maybe meet them in real life.

    Every story I tell is inspired by the real-life character of some sort.  

    Every feeling, every tiny little detail is something that I have had an encounter with. Something about my senses keeps me imagining even after I have walked away from that place.

    I have enjoyed this journey, and it is not over. As an Author, you know that writing is only the beginning. You have to read, revise, edit, read, revise, edit, etc. This goes on for quite some time until you have what you believe is the perfect product.

    I have the book read to me out loud, and I close my eyes. If I can't feel the very feeling I want my readers to explore, I re-write it. If I can't see the very vision I want my readers to know, I re-write it.

    This can be very exhausting, but when something goes out into the world, it will give you enough energy to almost live on.

    I can't even put into words the feeling you get, some allowing someone to explore your mind.

    Being an Author is, in essence, allowing the world to explore your mind.

    Some would say that being an Author is allowing people to become a part of your world.

    I hope that by August, this book will be published, but since I have learned my lesson about rushing, I am going to take my time with this one. I will take my time with all of my books for now on.

    I want my name to stand for something. Not for just putting out anything I can, but putting out quality over quantity.

    I hope you all are as excited about this collection of 12 short stories into one book.

    The relationship Pawpaw has with his 11 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild is a tale that so many grandparents will understand. The adventures will allow each of you to escape and learn about things you have right in your very own towns.

    Sit back, enjoy the ride, oh and don't forget the Magic Lever!

Until Next time you crazy kids ---- CJ

Comments

Popular Posts