What is with all the drama!


 I was going to go live this morning, but I decided to write instead.  I mean it is my weekly blog day LOL.


But let's get serious.  I had a conversation with my husband last night.  We were talking about depression and how it affects people differently.

Some people will go on medication and be on it for the rest of their lives, while others will be able to go off medication.  Some will never go on medication and be OK, others will never go on medication and take their lives.

What's the secret formula?  There is none honestly.

Let me start by saying this, I feel for every single person who has ever felt sad and don't know why.  This crushing feeling can take you to some dark places.  I know this because I have been there, at times I go there, and I have to pull myself back into focus when it happens.

The thing is, depression isn't something that people choose, depression is something that happens to them, without them even knowing it is happening.

I want to give you an example.

I write a lot, obviously.  I post positive things all the time on my social media channels.  I'm generally a positive person.

I can post thousands of positive things and not get a single like, love, comment.

Let's go to the post, where I announced I had Skin Cancer, or I was feeling down, I think almost everyone on my friend's list commented.  Now let's be clear, I'm not hating on anyone who is thinking about me, I truly appreciate them.

But, think of this from a psychological point of view.

What gets people's attention?  

How many people are noticed because of their positivity?  Go ahead write that down, it won't take you long.

Now, write down all the famous people you know that are known for their drama and mess.

Humans thrive on drama.

Why do you think this is?

I'll tell you why look at the television that you are watching.

what is in the news?  DRAMA,  we are feeding our minds with drama because it creates a boost in our adrenaline and it makes us feel like it's something that we need to watch and/or pay attention to.

Now watch something positive, or look at only positive posts and how does that make you feel?

Some of you will be resentful because you don't have what that person has, or you don't feel your life is the same as that person.

Why are we wired this way?  Honestly, we aren't.

You have allowed your circumstances to dictate your life.

Have you ever met someone on the streets who is the kindest gentlest person ever?

Why do you think they are like that?

They have nothing, they could be the meanest person ever, but they are kind and they say "God Bless YOU" when you give them 50 cents or a dollar.

They know what it is like to have nothing and they are grateful for the small things.

We have forgotten about the small things, and we focus on the negative.

Try to focus only on the positive.  Stop scrolling past the positive ones, actually read those ones.

Scroll past the negative ones, don't buy into it, don't jump on the bandwagon of negativity and drama.

How many times have you seen that long post and you were all up in that person's business, only to find out they were messing with you?  Well, there you go!

You think you read it all because you wanted to be there for that person, but you are really feeding your need to be all up in the drama.

Your brain has enough to worry about, and it is already bogged down with so much, give it some free space to enjoy the silence from negativity, and start enjoying the day.

put happy inside yourself and see what that feels like.


Love y'all

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts