Letting the Sun in


 Do you ever sit and let the sun hit your face?  


Have you sat and closed your eyes and watched the scenes of your life pass you by?  


I've been doing this often.  I participated in Nanowrimo.  For those that don't know, it's National Writing Month.  I was hunkered down for the past month writing my tail off.  


During this time, I sat with my eyes closed and watched scenes of those stories pass through my brain, and the back of my eyelids saw every single thing that happened.


I started thinking of this very phenomenon lately and wondered if I could still live certain moments of my life if I sat in the silence with my face in the sun and closed my eyes.


I sat outside, and I did this.  While I was sitting there, not only did happy memories come up, but memories that I still want to make.


It's a beautiful thing to sit with your silence.  So many people allow the noise to consume them.  I know what it is like to be controlled by the noise for most of your life.


I have been blessed by the ability to let go of the noise and be comfortable in the silence.  


My silence comes because I no longer fear the unknown.  I embrace whatever is in store for me.  Through my prayers and devotions, I know that whatever is going to happen, I will be able to get through.


Do you?


All that aside, I am forcing myself to get outside and breathe fresh air more.  I sit inside more times than I see the outdoors.  I do this because I enjoy the silence more than the noise, and the world has become less kind.


I have found my peace indoors, but one day I'll find it outdoors again.  Right now, I'm finding it in my yard with my dogs playing.


You have to find a way to grab your peace, whatever that means for you.


If you have to continue in those busy places and work outside of the home, find a way to make a peaceful side of the corner for yourself every day.  


Do not let the world consume you. You teach the world how to be around you!


Until next time my friends.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts