Feeling Some Kind Of Way


 I am feeling some way this morning.  Maybe it's the sleep deprivation that my body wants to impose on me or my hormones, but I'm a little more sensitive than usual.  The things that usually don't get to me seem to be getting to me.


When I get all in my feels, the funny thing is when I can write the most.  


Growing up, I always watched movies, and it seemed like the most emotional people were the artists, writers, poets, actors, etc., but they still had the tortured lives.  They were also the ones who were likely to have mental health problems, drinking, drugs, or suicidal issues.


When I got older, I come to find this isn't far from the truth.  I am thankful that I have myself grounded enough to realize when I'm having a moment.


I took many years to self evaluate and become very, very rational about my feelings instead of buying into them.  It's not easy, and I can't say I have it right all the time. Ask my husband; he lives with me, LOL.


I can say that you have to start recognizing your emotions for what they are.  You have to evaluate your life and throw away your tantrums when they begin to take over.  When you begin to ground yourself in the here and now, you have a better chance of success and survival.


Today I wish all of you success and survival.  Some days all we can ask for is survival to the next day. Not every day will be a piece of cake, but as long as we ground ourselves, we can make it to another day, and that other day will get easier.


Until next time my friends.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts