As I sit here, I am reminded that my house is my fortress.

Yes, I understand that most people go about their lives and roam the world freely and enjoy it.

I find solitude in the walls of my house in my safely controlled environment.

Why am I telling you this?  Because there are so many people who wish they could do the same thing.  Some enjoy the same as me.

While I love humanity, it becomes too much for me.  Humanity starts to creep into my sanity and take over my thoughts to a point where I have to walk away and let go for a while.

I have found my happy place behind a computer screen, where I control the narrative, and I control when I'm plugged in and unplugged.

Some may say this is cowardly, but what you do not realize is I was plugged in, hard-wired for so many years.

I traveled the world, and I went to places many of you won't imagine stepping foot.  I raised children, and I explored historic places.

Humanity became too much because it never shut down.  My brain never shut down.  Now my brain is in this chronic state of never shutting down unless I lose myself in something other than the world.

I don't fret with politics or overpopulate the corners of my mind with every news story.

I stopped watching the TV shows that were doom, gloom and guts, and glory.  

I fill my brain with hope, curiosity, and happiness.

I'm preserving myself so that I can enjoy what life I have left in my lungs and heart.

I want to be the person I know I can be.  Not the one who is quick to judge, quick to jump to conclusions, quick to anger, short to sadness, easy to quit, which was who I was when I was inside of humanity and outside of my four walls.

See, there is a method to my madness, and it lives inside my four walls.

If you are like me, don't allow the world to tell you what you should do to be "NORMAL", you do you boo.  Live your truth and allow yourself to prosper where you feel you are the best version of yourself.

Until next time my friends.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts