The Power Goes Out

 



Last week we had no power.  As we had no power, I read a lot.  I felt calmer in my life than I ever did.  At first, I thought, would it be coming back on so I could do my shows?  


You know, three podcasts and get my book done that I was almost finished.  However, when I quickly realized the problem was way bigger than my shows and a book, I let it all go and started enjoying the silence.


I am thankful for my home's tranquility and the small bit of power that we were able to muster out each day.  The camping stove that my husband had stowed away that I thought many times, what in the hell is he keeping that for ended up our saving grace.


We laughed more than we knew we were capable of, and we didn't freeze, thanks to being in deep south Texas.


What did I learn from all of this.  Well, honestly, I learned a lot of lessons.  First lesson, me and my husband are still best friends.  We like each other like each other.  We drive each other crazy like kids who have been together for quite some time but wouldn't want to go through a power outage with anyone else.


Another lesson I learned was that I now understand how bored my dogs get during the day, and I will let them run outside every time they ask to go out instead of putting them off.


I learned the power of silence is what we need when we are feeling busy.  Social media is overrated.  We do not need to be connected or know what everyone is doing.  We need to learn, understand and focus on what we are doing and know ourselves more than anyone else.  That is how we solve world problems—NOT watching the news all the time.


I also learned that I am calmer when I am writing and reading than when I'm doing anything else globally, and I wouldn't change it for the world.


I recently had an opportunity to double my monthly income, yet the stress level would increase. Yes, I would go into a field where I have 20 plus years of experience and am at the top of my area, yet it isn't what drives my passion and makes me ready to wake up in the morning.


I am passing on that income stream to focus on the joy of life.


What will you do today to find your joy tomorrow?


Until next time my friends.

CJ

Comments

Popular Posts